Department of Computer Science
The vision of the Computer Science department is to provide quality education in the field of computer science and to enable the students to meet the challenges of this new technological world, to serve the nation through innovations and to be among the nation's leading research and teaching Computer Science departments.
The mission of the Computer Science Department is to educate the youth
with an in-depth understanding of the theoretical & practical concepts of
computer science through a rigorous course work and equip them with the
technological tools to meet the challenges in their professional career or in
pursuit of advanced degrees in computer science.
Objectives Computer Science
Computer Science degree programme aims at preparing the students to
achieve the following career and professional goals.
- To equip students with modern trends in the field of computer
science, through courses in the areas of Networks, Data Mining and Data
Warehousing, Software Engineering and Quality Assurance, Graphics and Game
Programming, Image Processing, E-commerce ets.
- To equip students with modern trends in the field of computer science, through courses in the areas of Networks, Data Mining and Data Warehousing, Software Engineering and Quality Assurance, Graphics and Game Programming, Image Processing, E-commerce ets.
- To have a solid understanding of computational theory and foundational mathematics.
- To have substantial exposure to advanced topics in software and computing systems, operation systems and advanced architecture.
- To prepare students to conduct research in computer science with advance training/workshop in selected areas.
- To equip the students for the industry as well as for higher degree in computer science.
- To ensure a broad based educational foundation that prepare them for leadership roles along diverse career paths and advanced positions in the computing profession.
Objectives Software Engineering
Software Engineering degree programme aims to produce well-rounded
graduates who should:
- Be able to understand and apply principles of software development and evolution.
- Be equipped with practical knowledge, techniques and skills involved in Software Engineering.
- Be able to analyze, design and develop high-quality software solutions.
- Be able to plan, develop and manage large software using state-of-the-art methodologies.
- Be able to specify, abstract, verify and validate solutions to large-size problems.
- Should have Strong academic base in order to pursue careers in local and international I.T industry.
- Be prepared for the rigor of graduate studies in computing for continuing education through formal or informal methods.
Objectives Information Technology
The IT education will focus on imparting the knowledge and training which students:
- To understand and contribute to the scientific, mathematical and theoretical foundations on which information technologies are built.
- To use and apply current technical concepts, techniques, skills, tools & practices to analyze the local and global impact of IT on individuals, organizations, and society and to identify their computing needs, and select, design, create, implement, administer and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet the desired needs and integrate them into the user environment.
- To develop students' interpersonal and organizational skills to communicate effectively with a range of audience, create operative project plans and work in a collaborative environment.
- To strengthen students' understanding of professional, ethical, legal and social issues and responsibilities.
- To develop students' capacity for innovation and passion for lifelong learning.
The students who
earn the Computer Science or Software Engineering degree will be able to:
- Apply concepts, techniques and skills that is required to develop and build large modern software systems.
- Effectively utilize various technological skills of Computer Science and Software Engineering with teamwork and collaboration.
- Demonstrate competence in applying the tools and techniques of Network, Database Systems, Multimedia Technologies and Software Engineering.